- 130g wholemeal plain flour
- 1½tsp baking powder
- 60g light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp ground ginger
- ½tsp ground allspice
- Zest 1 orange
- 100g carrots, coarsley grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g low-fat spread, melted
- 3tbsp skimmed milk
- 50g pecans, toasted and chopped
- 125g extra-light soft cheese
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, ginger, allspice, orange zest and grated carrot in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, melted spread, milk and half the pecans and stir again to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 15 min or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool completely in the tin.
- Mix the soft cheese, cinnamon and icing sugar together in a small bowl. Spread the mixture over the cooled bake, then scatter with the remaining pecans and cut into 16 squares.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
97 3.4g 4.7g 1g 1.4g 5.8g 0.3g 33mg 11.2g 0.7mg