For the base
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 250g broccoli florets
- Large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 30g ground almonds
- 20g parmesan, grated
For the sauce
- 250g low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the topping
- 50g sliced bresaola, roughly torn
(available from Waitrose and Co-Op)
- Handful of rocket
- Green salad, to serve
- Line a sieve with piece of muslin or a clean J-cloth and set it over a bowl. Tip the yogurt for the sauce into the lined sieve, then transfer it with the bowl to the fridge until ready to use.
- Make the pizza base: put the cauliflower, broccoli and half the parsley in a food processor. Blitz to a crumb texture. Tip into a microwave-proof bowl, cover with clingfilm and cook on high for 3 min until steaming hot.
- Mix the eggs, ground almonds and 10g parmesan into the vegetables and season with black pepper. Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper. Divide the base mix into 8 portions, then shape each into a 1cm-thick disc approximately 10cm in diameter, using your hands to press the bases flat on to the paper. Leave a generous gap between each base.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the pizza bases. Bake for 15–20 min until the bases are set and turning a little golden at the edges. Meanwhile, finish the sauce. Finely chop most of the remaining parsley. Squeeze out as much liquid from the yogurt as possible, then put into a bowl with the garlic, lemon zest and chopped parsley. Mix together and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Let the bases cool a little, then spoon 1tbsp of the sauce over each. Scatter over the bresaola, rocket and the remaining parsley. Serve straightaway with a green salad.
Make it ahead The pizza base can be made up to 12 hr in advance. Shape rounds on baking trays as in step 4, then leave covered in the fridge. The longer the yogurt is left, the better the consistency will be – keep it covered in the fridge for up to 48 hr.
Make it vegetarian Swap the bresaola for some chargrilled peppers, and the parmesan for a similar vegetarian hard cheese.