- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ¼ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2tbsp bhuna curry paste (see tip)
- 250ml vegetable stock, made with a very low salt stock cube
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, to garnish
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, then fry the chicken and onion for 5 min until the onion has softened a little and the chicken has browned. Add the pepper and cauliflower and cook, stirring, for another 5 min.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1–2 min until fragrant, then add the stock, tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer for 10 min or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve garnished with the coriander, plenty of black pepper and the lemon wedges for squeezing over.
TIP Try tikka or madras curry paste, or use rose harissa for a North African flavour.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
253 25g 8.6g 1.3g 6.5g 11.5g 2.6g 51mg 15.2g 2mg