- Spray oil
- 250g macaroni or small dried pasta
- 350g small broccoli florets
- 250g mixed frozen peas and corn
- 350g small cauliflower florets
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 125g ball light mozzarella, finely chopped
- 40g vegetarian hard cheese, finely grated
- 200g piece light rye bread, crust removed
- 1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1tbsp finely grated lemon zest, plus 1tbsp lemon juice
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a 2-litre baking dish or 6 x 350ml ovenproof dishes with oil.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until al dente. Add the broccoli and frozen peas and corn for the final 2 min of the pasta cooking time, then drain and return the pasta and veg to the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower in a medium pan of boiling water for 10 min or until very soft. Drain and transfer to a food processor with the mustard and milk and pureé until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the cauliflower purée and cheeses to the pasta mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish or dishes.
- In a small food processor, whiz the bread, thyme and lemon zest until crumbs form. Scatter the crumbs over the pasta mixture, then bake for 25 min or until golden. Dress the salad leaves with oil and lemon juice. Serve the mac ’n’ cheese with the salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
439 23g 8.9g 3.4g 14g 8.4g 0.6g 287mg 59g 3.7mg