- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets, leaves reserved, any thick stems halved lengthways
- 250g macaroni or other short pasta
- 25g low-fat spread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g plain flour
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 2tsp English mustard
- 60g reduced-fat mature vegetarian cheddar, grated
- Sprinkle freshly grated nutmeg
- 50g camembert-style vegetarian soft cheese, sliced
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 8 min until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until just al dente, then drain and set aside. Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- At the same time, melt the spread with the garlic in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the flour and mix to a paste. Cook for 2 min until golden, then slowly add the milk, a splash at a time, whisking constantly. Simmer for about 5 min until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the mustard, cheddar and nutmeg with a good pinch of pepper.
- Add the cooked cauliflower and pasta to the sauce and mix well, then pour into a baking dish. Poke the camembert slices into the top and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 20 min or until golden and bubbling.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
458 23.4g 13g 6.4g 4g 11.8g 1g 380mg 60g 1.8mg