User Review( vote)
Cauliflower ‘steaks’ with Moroccan-spiced mince
If you're trying to cut down on carbs then these cauliflower 'steaks' are for you. We've served them with a Moroccan-spiced vegetarian chilli for a tasty meal that's high in protein and low in calories.
Prep Time 15 min
Cooking Time 20 minHealthy Food Guide
- 1 large cauliflower, cut widthways into 4 x 1.5cm-thick pieces
- Spray olive oil
- 380g vegetarian mince (we like Fry’s)
- 2tsp harissa paste, or to taste
- 250g brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- 1½tbsp runny honey
- 125g reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Juice 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 4tbsp fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the cauliflower steaks on the tray in a single layer and spray with oil. Bake for 15–20 min until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the mince and cook, breaking up any lumps, for 5 min or until browned. Add the harissa and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the brussels sprouts and carrots, then cook, stirring, for 3 min or until softened. Add the honey and 5tbsp water, then cook for 1–2 min until the veg are sticky and browned slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks topped with the mince mixture and yogurt, with lemon wedges and parsley, if using.