- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Zest 1 lemon
- 2tbsp baby capers in brine, drained and rinsed
- 350g asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- Cooking oil spray
- 20g parmesan shavings (see tip)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and fry gently for 2–3 min until crisp. Stir in the lemon zest and capers, then season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Spray the asparagus with oil, then cook for 4–5 min until tender.
- Serve the asparagus topped with the zesty breadcrumbs and parmesan shavings.
TIP: To make this dish suitable for vegetarian diets, replace the parmesan with a hard cheese that’s free from animal rennet.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
122kcal 5.9g 5.8g 1.5g 2.6g 2g 0.9g 91mg 12.2g 1mg