- 4 x 200g sweet potatoes
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 mild green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 400g can kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 4tbsp coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 80g reduced-fat mature cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a sharp knife, then bake for 30–40 min until tender. Set aside to cool a little.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a long slit along the top of each one (keep the ends intact), then scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving a 1cm-thick shell. Set the shells aside.
- Season the sweet potato flesh with black pepper, then mash with a fork. Stir in the spring onions, chilli (if using), kidney beans and half the coriander. Spoon the filling back into the potato shells and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Spoon any filling that won’t fit into the shells into a small baking dish.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper, then add the stuffed potatoes. Bake for 15 min (together with any leftover filling) or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with the remaining coriander and any extra filling.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
294kcal 12.3g 5.4g 3g 11.6g 12g 0.6g 264mg 52.4g 2.8mg