1 large head cauliflower broken into florets 750ml skimmed milk 3tbsp cornflour 1tbsp dijon mustard 80g reduced-fat mature cheddar, grated Cooking oil spray 100g lean bacon medallions, chopped 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Steam the cauliflower for 10 min or until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix 5tbsp of the milk with the cornflour in a bowl. Heat the remaining milk in a large saucepan over a medium heat. When the milk is hot, stir in the cornflour mixture along with the mustard and cook, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese and cauliflower, stirring gently to combine. Season with black pepper, then transfer to an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil. Fry the bacon for 4–5 min until crisp.
- Remove the dish from the oven and serve, scattered with the bacon and spring onions.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
271kcal 30g 6.9g 3g 5g 14.1g 1.7g 449mg 23.5g 2.2mg