- 240g wholewheat penne
- 4 courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 200g extra-light soft cheese
- 4 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp grated parmesan-style vegetarian cheese
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Bag of rocket, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 4tbsp of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, put a large griddle pan over a high heat. When hot, add the courgettes and onion and cook for 2–3 min on each side until just tender. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Put a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Heat the soft cheese and garlic for 1 min or until the cheese melts. Stir in the pasta, courgette, onion and enough of the reserved pasta water to loosen the mixture. Take off the heat and stir through the cheese. Spoon into bowls, season with black pepper, then scatter over the basil and serve with the rocket.
Nutrition per serving
374 22.6g 6.7g 3g 13.6g 12.1g 0.9g 225mg 59.5g 5mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.