- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 100g ricotta
- 20g Parmesan cheese, finely grated, or vegetarian alternative
- 1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs, such as chives, dill or parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To serve (optional)
- 2 tomatoes or 1/2 avocado, sliced
- small handful of rocket leaves
- Put the yolks, ricotta, Parmesan, flour and herbs into a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and mix everything together well.
- Whisk the egg whites in a scrupulously clean, grease-free bowl until the mixture stands in soft peaks.
- Fold a spoonful of the beaten egg whites into the ricotta mixture to loosen it, then fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Heat held the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Using a dessertspoon, drop 3 or 4 spoonfuls of the batter into the pan. Once the pancakes are golden on one side turn them over and cook for 1-2 min on the other side. Remove the pancakes from the pan and keep them warm.
- Heat the rest of the oil and cook the remaining mixture – you should have about 8 pancakes. Serve 2 per person with a salad of tomatoes or avocado and some rocket.
Recipe from Tom Daley’s cookbook Tom’s Daily Plan (£7.99, Amazon)
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
158 9g 12g 4g 1.4g 1g 0.2g 4g