- 2tbsp chia seeds, ground to a flour in a pestle and mortar or mini chopper
- 100ml unsweetened oat, almond or soya milk alternative
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 4tbsp granulated stevia sweetener (we used Natvia)
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g chopped pecan nuts
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
- ½tsp ground cardamom or pinch ground cloves
- ¼tsp ground nutmeg
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Mix the chia with the milk alternative and set aside for 5 min.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Add the ground chia mix, sweetener and the oil and stir well until combined. Stir through half of the pecans.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices together in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin cases. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans, then bake for 18–20 min. Put the tin on a wire rack to cool for 5 min before removing the muffins from the tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
173kcal 3g 8.6g 1g 2.6g 4.9g 0.3g 86mg 26g 0.9mg