- 130g porridge oats
- 75g walnut pieces
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 50g white or black chia seeds
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 425g pitted dried dates, chopped
- 1tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Line a 20cm diameter cake tin with clingfilm and set aside. Put the oats, walnuts, coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a food processor, then whiz to a powder.
- With the motor running, add the dates, a few pieces at a time. Continue to process until the mixture starts to come together.
- With clean hands, bring the mixture together completely (add 1–2tsp cold water if it’s still a little crumbly), then press it evenly into the tin. Smooth the surface by pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon, then cover and chill for at least 30 min or until firm.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar, then lift out of the tin and cut into 16 slices. The cake will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: This cake is suitable for people who need to avoid gluten – just choose oats labelled as free from gluten
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
171kcal 3.2g 6.7g 2.1g 4g 18.7g 0g 43mg 25.8g 1.2mg