- 500g chicken breasts, halved horizontally
- Cooking oil spray
- 250g pack cooked spelt
- 100g baby spinach
- 200g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 100g mangetout, shredded
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp sumac (optional)
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 4 multigrain bread rolls, to serve
- Set a griddle pan over a high heat. Spray the chicken with oil and cook for 3–4 min on each side until cooked through and browned. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Combine the spelt, spinach, cabbage, celery and mangetout in a large serving bowl. Mix the lemon zest and juice, oil and garlic together in a small bowl or jug, then season with pepper.
- Cut the chicken into thick slices and sprinkle with the sumac, if using. Arrange on top of the salad with the avocado slices, then drizzle over the dressing. Serve with the bread rolls.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
528 42.1g 18.5g 3.7g 10.4g 6.3g 1.1g 225mg 48.6g 3.9mg