- Spray olive oil
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 30g pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 350g jar no-added-sugar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2 very low salt chicken stock cubes mixed with 650ml boiling water
- 125g instant polenta
- Fresh nutmeg, grated
- 2tbsp grated parmesan
- Fresh basil or oregano leaves, to garnish (optional)
- 450g broccoli, steamed, to serve
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken thighs for 1 min on each side or until golden.
- Add the pepper to the pan and sauté for 2 min or until just softened. Add the olives, pasta sauce, wine and oregano. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 min or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the stock in a medium pan and set over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and pour in the polenta in a steady stream, stirring constantly. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 min or until soft. Stir in grated nutmeg to taste and most of the parmesan. Season with ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the reserved parmesan over the polenta and serve with the chicken, garnished with herbs, if using, and the steamed broccoli.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
337 39.6g 8.7g 2.5g 8.9g 9.9g 2g 185mg 16.2g 3.6mg