- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g baby spinach
- 125g uncooked couscous
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 200g cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 4 large peppers
- 150g ricotta, stirred until smooth
- 50g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 120g mixed leaves, 2tbsp olive oil and 2tbsp balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6. Combine the tomatoes and spinach in a large heatproof dish, then cover and microwave on high for 2 min to wilt the spinach. Stir in the couscous, basil and chicken, then leave to stand for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, slice the tops off the peppers and set aside. Scoop out and discard the seeds and membrane. Put the peppers in a non-stick baking tray.
- Spoon the couscous mixture into the peppers, then top with the ricotta and cheddar. Position the pepper tops so they cover half of the filling, then bake for 25–30 min until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot.
- Serve the peppers with the mixed leaves, with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl on the side for drizzling over.
Tip: If you have any filling left over, put it in a lightly oiled, small ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake alongside the peppers.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
411kcal 30.3g 15.7g 5.8g 6.9g 15.2g 0.5g 305mg 39.8g 3.5mg