- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 small red peppers, sliced
- 250g skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 4 large soft wholewheat tortillas
- 215g can refried beans
- 30g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Salad, to serve
- For the tomato sauce
- Olive oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g passata
- 1tbsp cajun spice mix
- 2 small chillies, chopped
- For the béchamel sauce
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 100ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 100g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- To make the tomato sauce, spray a medium saucepan with oil, then fry the chopped onion for about 8 min or until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 2 min. Add the passata and spice mix, then gently simmer for 15 min or until reduced by a third. Add the chillies, then season with black pepper and take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick griddle pan over a high heat until smoking. Spray the onion wedges, peppers and chicken with oil, then cook in batches for 3–4 min on each side until the veg are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Put the tortillas, one at a time, on to the hot griddle and warm for 10–20 sec on each side until they start to brown slightly. Transfer them to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep them soft.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. For the béchamel sauce, heat the oil in a medium pan, then vigorously beat in the flour with a balloon whisk to form a smooth paste. Remove the pan from the heat, then gradually whisk in the hot chicken stock, bit by bit. When it’s all incorporated, repeat with the Greek yogurt, whisking until smooth and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- To assemble, spread 1tbsp of the tomato sauce over the middle of each tortilla and spoon a line of beans down the centre. Divide the chicken and veg among them. Fold over to enclose the fillings, then put the tortillas on a lightly oiled baking dish, seam-side down.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the tortillas, then the béchamel. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15–18 min until bubbling. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
476 32g 12g 3.9g 11g 13.8g 2.3g 244mg 53.4g 3.6mg