- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 200g sweetcorn
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- 150g fresh tomato salsa
- 6 x 25cm wholemeal tortillas or wraps
- 80g reduced-fat cheese, grated
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2tbsp jalapeños from a jar, chopped (optional)
- 6tbsp low-fat soured cream (we used Yeo Valley)
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a 30x20cm baking dishwith non-stick baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, garlic and peppers and cook for 5 min until the chicken is cooked through. Add the carrot, corn, spices, 4tbsp water, beans and two-thirds of the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 min. Season with black pepper and chilli flakes.
- Meanwhile, blend the salsa with a stick blender until smooth. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas, then roll them up and lay them next to each other in the baking dish. Spread blended salsa on each rolled tortilla and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook for about 15 min until the tortillas are golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve the enchiladas with the lettuce, remaining tomatoes, jalapeños, if using, and the soured cream, garnished with the coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
553kcal 35g 15g 5.2g 15g 16g 1.1g 177mg 61g 3.5mg