- 2 sweet potatoes (about 400g), peeled and diced
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g banana shallots, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1½tbsp plain flour
- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 200ml boiling water
- 200g potatoes, thinly sliced
- Steamed green veg, to serve
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 min until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the shallots and cook for 5 min until softened. Add the garlic, paprika and tomato purée, then fry for a few more min.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3–4 min. Add the peppers and flour and cook for 2 min, stirring.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Add the sweet potatoes and stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 10–15 min until the sauce has thickened. Season with pepper and spoon into a 1.2 litre baking dish.
- Top with the potato slices, brush with the remaining oil and bake for 45 min until the potatoes are tender. Serve with the veg.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
373 28g 7.9g 1.7g 8.1g 12g 0.5g 70mg 42g 3.2mg