- 4 small skinless chicken breasts (about 500g)
- 4tsp olive oil
- 100g kale, woody stalks removed, chopped
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 40g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 x 400g can no added salt chopped tomatoes
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 600g frozen mixed vegetables
- 200g wholemeal couscous
- ½ small bunch fresh basil leaves
- Slice the chicken breasts horizontally, cutting almost all the way through. Open each out and put between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper, then gently pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Sauté the kale for 1 min or until wilted. Transfer the kale to a bowl and remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the flattened chicken on a board. Top with the kale, tomatoes and feta, then roll to enclose the filling. Secure the involtini with skewers or toothpicks.
- In the same frying pan used to cook the kale, heat the remaining 2tsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Cook the involtini, turning, for 2 min or until browned. Add the canned tomatoes and chilli flakes. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, turning the involtini occasionally, for 12 min or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil, microwave or steam the vegetables and cook the couscous according to the pack instructions. Fluff the couscous grains with a fork.
- Scatter basil leaves over the involtini and serve whole or sliced, with the vegetables and couscous alongside.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
512 46g 11g 2.4g 10g 10g 0.6g 136mg 51g 4.8mg