- Spray cooking oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube mixed with 450ml boiling water
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 large filo pastry sheets (we used Jus Rol), halved widthways
- 300g brussels sprouts, halved
- 250g tenderstem broccoli, cut into 3–4cm lengths
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken and leeks, stirring, for 5 min or until the chicken has browned and the leeks softened. Add the thyme leaves and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir to coat the mixture. Add the stock and mustard. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5–7 min until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked. Stir in the peas.
- Meanwhile, put a piece of filo on a clean worksurface. Starting at one long end, roll the pastry very loosely to form a log, then twist the log into a spiral. Put on the prepared baking sheet, then spray with oil. Repeat the process with the remaining filo to make 4 spirals in total. Bake for 10–12 min until golden and crisp.
- Spray a wok or large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the sprouts for 1–2 min, adding a splash of water to create steam. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2–3 min. Add a little more water, then continue to cook until the vegetables are just tender.
- Divide the chicken mixture and stir-fried vegetables among 4 bowls, then top with the filo spirals and serve straightaway.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
319kcal 34.9g 4.7g 1g 9g 7.7g 0.7g 223mg 29.6g 4.2mg