- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 4–5cm pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 large leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into 5cm pieces
- Zest and juice ½ lemon, plus wedges, to serve
- 250ml very low salt chicken stock
- 6tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, plus extra (optional), to garnish
- 75g pitted black olives, drained
- 150g couscous, to serve
- Put the flour and paprika in a large food bag. Add the chicken to the bag and shake to lightly coat
- Spray a large, deep, heavy-based, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium–high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 4–5 min until sealed and golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with more oil. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 min until soft. Add the celery and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 min.
- Add the reserved chicken to the frying pan with the potatoes, lemon zest and juice and stock. Season with black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30–35 min until the potatoes are tender. Stir the parsley and olives into the casserole.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
415kcal 34.1g 5.6g 1.1g 9.7g 5.6g 0.9g 93mg 60.8g 4.1mg