- 450g chicken mince or breast
- 1tbsp lemongrass paste or coriander paste
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- Cooking oil spray
- 250g vacuum-packed beetroot, diced
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 pittas
- 4tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 little gem lettuce and 150g cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
- Put the chicken mince or breast in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, then add the lemongrass or coriander paste, half the onion and the cumin. Season with ground black pepper and mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 24 evenly sized balls. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with a little oil, then cook the meatballs for 8–10 min until they are evenly browned and cooked through.
- To make the salsa, mix together the remaining onion, the beetroot, chopped coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Slice the pittas in half and tuck 3 meatballs into each half. Add ½tbsp yogurt to each, then serve with the lettuce, cherry tomatoes and beetroot salsa, garnished with coriander leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
341 36.4g 4.1g 0.8g 4.9g 12.6g 1.1g 207mg 42.9g 4.1mg