- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 200g chicken mini breast fillets, cut into small chunks
- 4 brussels sprouts, sliced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can no added salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube mixed with 250ml boiling water
- 125g small broccoli florets
- 4tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 2tbsp grated parmesan and 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted, to serve
- In a large pot, heat ½tbsp olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic, leek, carrot, chicken and sprouts and cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min, adding extra water if needed. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 min until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season the soup with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the parsley and parmesan and serve with the toast on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
320 25g 8g 2.2g 11g 9.6g 0.7g 168mg 31g 3.9mg