- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 4tbsp olive oil, plus 2tsp extra to drizzle
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 6 handfuls of mixed watercress, rocket and baby spinach leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½tsp dried mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the chicken breasts in a baking tray, then drizzle with the 2tsp olive oil and season with ground black pepper. Cook for 25–30 min until cooked through, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and segment the grapefruits: cut the skin off with a sharp knife to reveal the flesh, moving the knife downwards and curving around the fruit to keep its shape. Segment the fruit into a large bowl, cutting between
the thin white membranes and catching the juice.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts, then add them to the grapefruit with the mixed leaves and fennel. Very gently mix, then divide between 2 serving plates.
- Mix the 4tbsp olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and herbs together in a small bowl or jug, whisking vigorously to emulsify. Season with ground black pepper, then drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.
Tip: This makes a great packed lunch. Mix the chicken, fennel and grapefruit with the dressing and put in the bottom of a lunchbox, then put the leaves on top. Chill, then mix together just before eating.