- 2 x 100g skinless chicken breasts
- 80g giant couscous
- 150g tenderstem or purple sprouting broccoli
- 3tbsp reduced-fat greek yogurt to serve (optional)
For the marinade
- 2tsp ras el hanout
- 2tsp brown rice syrup
- Zest 1 lime
- 1tsp ground sumac
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice 1 lime (reserving the juiced lime halves), plus 1 lime, halved, to serve
- 1tsp olive oil
For the roast veg
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled, lightly crushed with the back of a knife
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1tsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl, rubbing in the marinade to make sure it’s well coated. Set aside.
- Put the vegetables for roasting in a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with black pepper and turn to coat. Add the reserved lime halves to the tin.
- Put the chicken breasts on top of the veg and roast for 30–35 min until the chicken has cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the pack instructions.
- Once the chicken and veg are cooked remove the roasting tin from the oven and put the chicken on a plate to rest.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 2–3 min, then refresh under cold water. Cut the chicken into 1.5cm thick slices. Arrange the ingredients in 2 bowls, squeeze out the roasted garlic if you like and add a dollop of yogurt to each, if using. Serve sprinkled with black pepper, with the lime halves for squeezing over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
489 38.8g 10.2g 2.6g 9.5g 20.6g 0.4g 318mg 55.8g 3.8mg