- 1tbsp light muscovado sugar
- ½tsp chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2tsp ground cumin
- Juice 1 large lime
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 peaches, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 medium avocado, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large green or yellow pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large courgette, cut into 1cm thick slices
- Cooking oil spray
- 180g couscous
- ½ small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Put the sugar, chilli powder, garlic, thyme, cumin and half the lime juice in a medium non-metallic bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches, red pepper, coriander, avocado and the remaining lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Thread the red onion, green or yellow pepper, courgette and marinated chicken alternately on to 12 metal skewers and spray with oil.
- Heat the barbecue or grill to medium-high. Add the chicken skewers and cook for 10–15 min, turning, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the couscous in a heatproof mixing bowl and pour over 300ml boiling water. Cover and set aside for 5 min or until all the water is absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork, then stir through the parsley and spring onions. Divide the couscous among 4 plates and top each with the chicken skewers. Serve with the peach salsa.
Fire up the barbecue and try out some of our healthy barbecue recipes.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
497 46.6g 10.4g 2.2g 8.9g 19.6g 0.3g 100mg 56.8g 4.3mg