- Spray oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 500g frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess water and chopped
- 200g ricotta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp low-fat spread, plus extra to grease
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 750ml skimmed milk
- Grating of fresh nutmeg
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets (around 300g)
- 300g cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 125g low-fat mozzarella ball, thinly sliced
- A few basil leaves (optional), to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Spray a 2-litre baking dish with oil and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the squash on the tray in a single layer, spray with oil and bake for 25–30 min until tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil over a high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 min. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5–7 min until soft. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta and egg. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the low-fat spread over a medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring, for 5 min or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat. Season with the nutmeg and black pepper.
- Spread ¼ of the white sauce over the base of the prepared dish. Layer over 2 lasagne sheets, the squash, ½ the chicken, ¼ of the white sauce and 2 lasagne sheets. Evenly spread over the ricotta mixture, then top with another 2 lasagne sheets, the mushroom mixture, the remaining chicken and ¼ of the white sauce. Finish with 2 lasagne sheets and the remaining white sauce. Scatter with mozzarella.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 min. Uncover and bake for a further 10–15 min until golden. Allow to stand for
10 min, then serve, garnished with basil leaves, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
507 40g 14g 5.6g 7.2g 14g 0.5g 537mg 49g 3.9mg