- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1–2tbsp Moroccan spice mix
- 400g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 350ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 90g pitted dates, chopped
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 175g giant couscous
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 25g chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, to garnish
- Heat 2tsp of the oil in a large saucepan set over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 min or until golden. Add the garlic, spice mix, squash and aubergine and cook for another 5 min, stirring continuously.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 10 min.
- While the veg are simmering, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3–4 min until browned. Transfer the chicken to the pan containing the vegetables, with the chickpeas, dates and vinegar. Cover and simmer for 15–20 min until the veg are tender and the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the pack instructions, then drain. Steam the courgettes for 3–4 min until tender, then combine with the couscous.
- Serve the tagine with the couscous and courgettes, garnished with the parsley.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
511 39.1g 7.9g 1.4g 12.6g 25.7g 0.9g 142mg 74.3g 4.8mg