- 400g skinless chicken breasts, cut into
- Juice 2 lemons
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- ½–1tsp paprika
- ½–1tsp chilli powder
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 300g basmati rice
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For the garlic dip
- 200g low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Put the chicken pieces in a medium non-metallic bowl and toss with the lemon juice. Cover and chill for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, blend the onion, garlic, ginger and spices in a food processor to form a smooth paste. Mix with the 150g yogurt, then add to the chicken and stir to coat evenly. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hr or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170°C/gas 5. Grease a baking dish with olive oil spray, then add the chicken. Bake for 25–30 min until cooked through.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cook the basmati rice according to the pack instructions, then drain. Mix all the ingredients for the garlic dip together in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken tikka with the basmati rice and lemon wedges, garnished with coriander leaves, with the garlic dip for drizzling over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
446 35.4g 3.4g 1g 0.6g 7.8g 0.3g 223mg 69.8g 3.7mg