- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼tsp dried chilli flakes
- 300g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 300g arborio rice
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 2 very low salt gluten-free vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres boiling water
- 30g parmesan, grated
- 150g roasted peppers, chopped
- 100g baby spinach or baby kale leaves, chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion, leek, garlic, rosemary and chilli and cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the chicken and rice and stir for 1–2 min until coated with oil. Add the tomato purée and stock and bring to the boil. Cover with the lid or foil and bake in the oven for 20–25 min or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add most of the parmesan with the peppers and spinach or kale and stir until combined and the cheese is melted. Serve sprinkled with ground black pepper and the remaining parmesan.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
484 29g 8.6g 2.7g 5g 8g 0.5g 154mg 69g 2.3mg