- 175g basmati rice
- 2tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2tsp runny honey
- 1tsp cornflour mixed with 1tbsp cold water
- Cooking oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 25g root ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 300g mangetout, trimmed
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the rice wine, soy sauce, honey and cornflour mixture in a bowl, then set aside.
- Put a large wok or non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Stir-fry the chicken in batches for about 2 min. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Spray the wok with more oil and stir-fry the onion for 2 min. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a further 30 sec. Add the peppers, mangetout and 2tbsp water and stir-fry for 2 min more or until the veg are tender-crisp.
- Return the chicken to the wok with the rice wine sauce and toss for 1–2 min or until the chicken is heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with the rice, topped with coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
394kcal 38g 2.7g 0.5g 5.2g 14.8g 1g 73mg 53.6g 2.4mg