- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas in water, drained
- 2tsp chipotle paste
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 egg
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1tbsp tahini or peanut butter
- Cooking oil spray
- 6 bread rolls, halved and lightly toasted, to serve
For the mango salad
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large courgette, grated
- In a food processor, whiz the chickpeas with the chipotle paste, lemon zest and juice, shallots, egg, breadcrumbs, coriander, sesame seeds, tahini or peanut butter and some ground black pepper until combined. Spray your hands with a little oil, then divide the mixture into 6 and form into burgers. Put on a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 30 min to firm up.
- Meanwhile, lightly toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil, then cook the burgers over a medium heat for 2 min on each side or until pale golden. Transfer to a hot barbecue and cook for another 1–2 min on each side until heated through (or cook in the pan for another 3 min on each side). Serve in the toasted rolls with the mango salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
363 16g 8.1g 1.5g 9.4g 10.2g 1.2g 217mg 59.4g 4.2mg