- 175g brown basmati rice
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2tbsp medium Indian curry paste
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 500g cauliflower florets
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- Fresh flatleaf parsley sprigs (optional), to garnish
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a large deep saucepan with oil and set over a medium–high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until soft. Add the curry paste and chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the mixture is fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and tomatoes to the pan along with 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10–15 min until the cauliflower is tender. Add the chickpeas and cook for 5 min more or until heated through.
- Divide the rice and curry among 4 bowls, then serve garnished with parsley, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
566 18.8g 7.7g 1.3g 11.5g 12.8g 0.5g 114mg 111.8g 5.4mg