- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas in water, drained
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp medium curry paste
- 250g sweet potatoes, peeled, grated
- 100g porridge oats
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Flour, to dust
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4 medium wholemeal rolls, halved horizontally
- 150g reduced-fat hummus
- 4 x 25g reduced-fat vegetarian cheese slices
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 2 cooked beetroot, sliced
- Whiz the chickpeas in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 min, then add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 3 min.
- Add the mixture to the chickpeas in the food processor, then add 75g of the oats, the coriander and the egg. Pulse to combine.
- Dust your hands with flour, then shape the mixture into 6 flat burgers. Put the remaining oats in a dish, then add the burgers and turn to lightly coat. Chill in the fridge for 30 min to firm up.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the burgers and cook for 3–4 min on each side until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Fill each roll with hummus, a burger, a cheese slice, lettuce leaves and beetroot slices, and a dollop of hummus.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
518 27g 17.2g 4.7g 13.7g 9.8g 1.9g 425mg 65.3g 5.4mg