- 1tbsp light olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp paprika
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- ½–1 small chilli (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- ½ small aubergine, diced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- ½ 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 150ml very low salt vegetable stock
- 75g ready to eat dried apricots
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 125g couscous
- 125ml very low salt vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan or casserole dish (that has a lid) over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently for 4–5 min, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, spices and chilli, if using, then stir for a few min. Add the pepper, squash, aubergine and courgette and continue to cook for a few min. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, stock and apricots. Stir and bring to the boil. Cover, then simmer for 15 min or until the veg are tender. Stir in the fresh coriander.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous, stock and 125ml water in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave for 5 min or until the liquid has absorbed. Fluff with a fork, then serve with the tagine.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
660kcal 22.8g 10.6g 1.1g 17.0g 43.9g 0.5g 289mg 107.9g 8.2mg