- 4 sweet potatoes (about 250g each)
- 400g can black beans in water, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 mild green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 50g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Scrub the sweet potatoes, pat
dry with kitchen paper, then prick all over with a fork. Put them on the prepared tray and bake for 40–45 min, turning after 20 min, until soft when pierced with a skewer. Set aside to cool for
10 min (but leave the oven on).
- Meanwhile, combine the beans, tomatoes, spring onions, chilli, chopped coriander and half the cheese in a large bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Split the top of each sweet potato lengthways, then open gently. Lightly mash the flesh with a fork. Spoon a quarter of the bean mixture on to each potato, then scatter with the remaining cheese. Return the potatoes to the oven and bake for another 5–10 min until the topping is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil and vinegar together, then toss through the salad leaves.
- Scatter the avocado and coriander leaves over the sweet potatoes, add black pepper, then serve with the salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
404 12.2g 11.8g 3.5g 17.1g 18.6g 0.5g 224mg 62.8g 3.4mg