- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp Cajun or Mexican spice mix
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 400g tin kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 500g passata
- 1 reduced-salt beef stock cube
- Cooking oil spray
- 6 wholemeal pittas, to serve
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium–high heat. Add the carrot, pepper, onion, garlic and spice mix, then cook, stirring, for 3 min or until the veg are tender.
- Add the mince to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until browned. Add the worcestershire sauce, kidney beans and passata. Mix the stock cube with 900ml boiling water in a jug, then add to the pan. Bring the soup to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring now and then, for 20 min or until everything is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium griddle pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Griddle each pitta for 1 min on each side or until slightly charred. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Serve the soup, garnished with coriander, with the pittas.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
349 25g 9g 3.3g 7.7g 11.1g 2g 74mg 42.3g 4.4mg