- 3tsp mild chilli paste
- Juice 2 limes
- 500g lean rump steak, fat trimmed
- 300g cooked egg noodles
- 1tbsp lemongrass paste
- 6tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Spray cooking oil
- 50g unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ cucumber, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250g sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- In a small bowl, combine the chilli paste and half the lime juice. Put the steak in a shallow dish, then rub it with the chilli mixture and set aside.
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1–2 min until loosened, then drain and return to the bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the lemongrass paste and remaining lime juice. Add to the noodle bowl, along with the coriander, and toss.
- Spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add the beef and cook for 3–4 min on each side, or until seared on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5 min.
- oss the nuts and vegetables through the noodles. Thinly slice the beef and add to the salad, then divide among
4 bowls and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
420 38g 13g 3.5g 8.5g 6.1g 0.4g 76mg 31g 5.2mg