- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp Mexican or Cajun spice mix
- 250g extra-lean beef mince
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tin red kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Spray a large pan with a little oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and courgette, stirring, for 6–8 min until softened. Add the garlic and spice mix and cook, stirring, for 1 min more.
- Add the mince to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook for 5 min or until browned. Add the tomato purée and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add the kidney beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 min or until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potatoes for 5 min or until tender, then mash until smooth.
- Divide the mince mixture among 4 x 300ml ovenproof dishes (or spoon into a single 1.5 litre ovenproof dish). Top each dish with a quarter of the mashed sweet potato, then put the dishes on a large baking tray and cook for 15 min or until golden on top. Allow to stand for 5 min, then serve with salad leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
354 22.9g 8.1g 3.1g 11.7g 18.6g 0.9g 134mg 49.9g 4.4mg