- 250g spaghetti or courgetti
- 350g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and cut into lengths
- 100g rocket
- 1 large red chilli, roughly chopped
- 50g roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 25g bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2tbsp parmesan (see tip)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the spaghetti and cook according to the pack instructions. Add the broccoli to the pan for the last 2 min of the cooking time. Drain the pasta and broccoli, then return to the pan. Stir through the rocket and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Blend the chilli, cashews, garlic, olive oil, half the coriander and the lemon zest and juice with
a stick blender in a deep bowl (or in a food processor). Add 2–3tbsp hot water to thin the pesto if necessary.
- Put the pasta and broccoli in a large bowl, then toss with the pesto and tomatoes. Divide among 4 serving bowls, scatter with the parmesan and remaining coriander and serve.
TIP: To make this dish vegetarian, omit the parmesan or use a vegetarian hard cheese instead.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
331 13.3g 13.8g 2.4g 7.5g 5.3g 0.1g 130mg 41g 3.9mg