- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (use less for a milder flavour)
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 2tsp paprika
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 270g couscous
- 3tbsp pickled jalapeño chillies, chopped, 6tbsp 2% fat Greek style yogurt and 3tbsp grated parmesan-style vegetarian cheese, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion, stirring, for 3–5 min until browned. Add the garlic, red peppers, chilli and spices and cook, stirring, for 2 min. Add the tomatoes and beans, then simmer for 15–20 min, stirring occasionally.
- When the chilli is almost ready, put the couscous in a large bowl, pour over 375ml boiling water and stir. Cover and set aside for 5 min or until all the water is absorbed, then fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Divide the couscous among 6 serving bowls, then top with the chilli. Sprinkle over the chopped jalapeños, add a dollop of yogurt, and sprinkle over the parmesan. Garnish with fresh coriander and a sprinkle of ground black pepper, then serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
338 20g 3.9g 1.4g 9.9g 11.1g 0.2g 194mg 58.1g 4.5mg