- 2tsp sesame oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp grated ginger
- 2tsp chinese five spice
- 1½tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4tbsp chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 600g frozen stir-fry vegetables, partially defrosted
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g dried thin egg noodles
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tbsp toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mince, garlic, ginger and chinese five spice. Cook, stirring to break up the mince, for 2 min or until browned through. Add the soy sauce and rice wine or sherry and simmer for 5 min until the mince is cooked. Add the stir-fry vegetables and half the spring onions and toss to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1tbsp of the cooking water.
- Combine the cornflour with the reserved cooking water in a small bowl to make a paste. Add it to the mince mixture, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Divide the noodles among 4 serving bowls and top with the mince and vegetables. Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds and remaining spring onions to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
492 40g 11g 3.7g 8.8g 8.7g 1.4g 138mg 47g 5.5mg