- 200g pitted dates, chopped into small pieces
- Zest 2 unwaxed oranges and 75ml freshly squeezed juice
- 80g gluten-free oats
- 120g cashew nuts
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- Your choice of coating (see right)
- In a bowl, soak the dates in the orange juice for a few min, turning them so they’re evenly soaked.
- Pulse the oats and cashew nuts in a food processor for 30 sec. Add the soaked dates and orange juice, then add the cacao powder and the orange zest. Blend for about 2 min until the mixture has a smooth texture.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a small brussels sprout, and roll in your chosen coating (see below). The ball will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Choose your favourite coating…
- Roll the balls in 50g desiccated coconut (109kcal in total per ball)
- Melt 100g dark chocolate with the zest of ½ orange. Dip the balls in one at a time and leave on a tray lined with baking paper to harden (120kcal in total per ball)
- Mix 25g desiccated coconut and 1tbsp freeze-dried raspberry powder together in a bowl, then roll the balls in the mixture (100kcal in total per ball)
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
91 2.6g 3.6g 0.9g 1.8g 7.3g 0g 12mg 11g 1.3mg