- 100g prunes
- 100g dried apricots
- 30g almonds
- 30g walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener (we used Hermesetas Granulated)
- 30g gluten-free porridge oats
- 20g desiccated coconut (reserve a little to decorate)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (20g) (reserve a little to decorate)
- Grated zest of 1 orange (reserve a little to decorate)
- Juice of half an orange
- Blend the prunes, apricots, almonds and walnuts in the food processor until they form a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reserving a little of the desiccated coconut, cocoa powder and orange zest for decoration, and blend again to form a thick, sticky paste. Don’t over-blend, as the mixture should be quite coarse.
- Roll the mixture into a sausage shape and cut into 16 pieces, then roll each piece into a ball.
- Roll 4 of the balls in cocoa powder, 4 in coconut and 4 in orange zest to decorate and store in an airtight container in the fridge, where they will keep for a week.
Tip You could add other nuts or dried fruits to the recipe, or try making the balls with sunflower, sesame or pumpkin seeds instead of nuts.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
80 1.9g 3.6g 1.1g 2.1g 5.7g 0.1g 17mg 8.9g 0.8mg