- 185g wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 30g cocoa powder, sifted
- 60g Total Sweet (or other sweetener)
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 160ml skimmed milk
- 200g peeled pumpkin or butternut squash, finely grated
- 25g dark chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and cocoa into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sweetener, then add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until combined, then stir in the pumpkin or squash.
- Divide the batter equally among the paper cases, then bake for 15–18 min until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave the muffins to cool in the tray for 5 min, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the muffins are completely cool, put the chocolate in a strong food bag and sit in a bowl of hot water from the tap until melted. Cut off the tip of one corner of the food bag, then drizzle the chocolate over the cakes. Allow to set before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
122kcal 3.8g 4.2g 1.2g 1.4g 2.4g 0.2g 75mg 19.9g 0.8mg