- 1 leek, trimmed, halved and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 reduced-salt chicken stock cubes
- 200g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 courgette, halved and sliced
- 75g dried thin spaghetti, broken
- 3tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- Put the leek, carrots, celery, parsnip, bay leaf, garlic and stock cubes into a large saucepan, then cover with 1.2 litres boiling water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 min or until the veg are tender.
- Add the chicken and courgette to the pan and simmer, covered, for 10 min, adding the spaghetti to the pan for the last 4 min. Stir in the parsley, sprinkle with ground black pepper, then serve with crusty wholegrain bread, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
230 21.4g 3.7g 0.9g 8.6g 10g 0.9g 82mg 29.3g 2.3mg