- 65g low-fat spread
- 2tbsp fine dry white breadcrumbs
- 40g plain flour
- Zest 1 orange and 5tbsp juice, plus extra zest to decorate
- Zest 1 lemon and 2tbsp juice
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Gently melt 15g of the spread in a non-stick pan on the hob, then use to grease 8 x 225ml ramekins. Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs to cover the base and sides of each ramekin, tilting to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining spread in the same pan. Stir in the flour and the orange and lemon zests, then cook for 30 sec, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Return to a low heat and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture is thickened and smooth. Continue cooking for a further 2 min.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir for a few min to cool the mixture slightly (see tip). Beat in the sugar, orange and lemon juice and the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites in a squeaky-clean bowl with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Add a spoonful of the whisked egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and fold in gently. Fold in the remaining egg whites, then divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins. Bake for 25–30 min until puffed and golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with orange zest, then serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
175 5.7g 6.2g 1.6g 0.2g 19.6g 0.3g 65mg 25.5g 0.8mg