- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 2tsp ground coriander
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 500g mini chicken breast fillets
- Spray olive oil
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice 1 large lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 x 250g pouches ready to heat rice with quinoa
- 250g frozen green peas, thawed
- 400g can no added salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g baby spinach
- 2tbsp fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Put the coconut, sesame seeds and spices in a large bowl. Add the chicken and season well with freshly ground black pepper, then mix well to coat the chicken evenly. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared tray, then spray with olive oil. Bake for 15–20 min until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the 2tsp olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, lime zest and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 30–60 sec until aromatic. Add the rice and stir to coat the grains, then add 4tbsp water and squeeze over the lime juice. Gently cook the mixture for 3–5 min to soften the rice grains.
- Stir through the peas and chickpeas, then add the spinach and stir to wilt slightly. Season with ground black pepper, then serve the rice mixture with the chicken, garnished with the extra spring onions and coriander, plus lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
516kcal 47g 14g 4.6g 12g 7.5g 0.3g 173mg 43g 8.4mg