- 25g desiccated coconut
- 800g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 4tsp groundnut oil
- 100g shallots, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 fresh kaffir lime or basil leaves, finely sliced
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 x 150g cod or other white fish fillets
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice 1 lemon
- Put the desiccated coconut in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 min, then drain. Steam the potatoes for 6–8 min until almost tender.
- Heat 1tsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the shallots, chilli and kaffir lime or basil leaves, then cook for a few min until golden and caramelised. Add the drained coconut and fry for 1 min more. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with the remaining oil, then add the steamed potatoes. Fry for 5–6 min until golden. Season with ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, spray another large non-stick frying pan with oil and cook the fish for 3 min. Turn and cook for 1–2 min more until cooked through.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, avocado and onion in a bowl. Squeeze over the lemon juice and toss.
- Top the fish with the coconut mixture, then serve with the fried potatoes and avocado salad.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
443 34.6g 16.2g 5.7g 10g 8g 0.3g 58mg 42.1g 2.3mg